Run Smart – Run Efficient.
When: Sun 16th May, Sun 13th June.
Capacity: 12 (2 Coaches).
Info: You put the effort in, you do the milage, you track your training but do you run efficiently? Our ‘Run Smart – Run Efficient’ workshop will look at just that. If you want to maximise all of that milage and all of that effort you put into your running then you want to make sure that every step you make is worthwhile.
You will be coached by former British International Endurance Athlete, James Shane and former England Endurance Squad member Scott Phillips through this detailed development workshop.
We will start the 1st hour by looking at conditioning exercises to assist your running technique as well as improving your performance and helping reduce common running injuries. The exercises will be broken down as we will explain the strength required through different phases of a running movement.
The 2nd hour will move onto the running drills section which will nicely transition from the slower, controlled conditioning exercises in the previous hour, into faster, dynamic movements. Each drill has been created to help develop a phase of your running stride. These drills really are a game changed ad have assisted in multiple international OCR medals.
In the 3rd hour we will start to put the corrections to the issues that have been identified into place during a running programme. During this section you will take part in a traditional running programme which will help develop a range of running skills and improve your running efficiency. We will also talk in detail about common mistakes made during running sessions and how to ‘Run Smart’ long term.
This workshop has been one of our biggest contributions to sport of OCR and it really is needed from the grass roots up to top level competition.
So, if you want to make the most out of your running and want to learn how to ‘Run Smart’ then this is a workshop not to be missed!
Please book via link below or drop us an email if you require any further info by clicking HERE
Here is what The P.T Barn has in place to maintain safety against Covid 19 (We may add or adapt the below guidelines).
- Anyone with symptoms or who have been contacted by track and trace must not attend and must follow government guidelines.
- Anyone who shows symptoms on the day will be asked to leave and follow government guidelines.
- You must still maintain Social Distance at all times. 2m is your minimum distance at all times. Ideally more when breathing heavier.
- On arrival please sign in with one of the coaches on site before starting any exercise or using any obstacles. You will be told what obstacles can and can’t be used during that session.
- There must be no more than 6 at any obstacle at any one time. Please be considerate of others and move along when finished with an obstacle.
- There will be a maximum of 28 spaces per training session/slot/day.
- We advise wearing Gloves whilst on the obstacles as we will be cleaning them frequently.
- The Portacabin at the top of the field will remain closed at this time. Please leave all belongings in your car.
- The toilet will be fully cleaned before and after each session.
- Please make sure you clean your Hands frequently in the Hand Basin in the Toilet.
- Bottles of Hand Sanitiser will be left outside the portacabin at the top of the field.
- We will be unable to maintain Social Distancing when administering First Aid. We will wear a Face Covering if First Aid is required.
- All training must be pre-booked and paid before the day of training. You will not be able to pay/book on the day.
We are all in this together so please respect and work hard to apply all of the above for the safety of everyone involved and their families.
Thanks, Coach Scotty – Head Coach at The P.T Barn.
If you would like to find out any more information about any of the above workshops/courses then please fill out this form and will be be in touch asap.